Post Judgment Modification

Florida Family Law Petition for Modification

Family Law judgments can be modified depending upon the nature of the award in the judgment.  Child support and alimony awards are subject to modifications.  To obtain a modification of child support or alimony in a Final Judgment, the person seeking the modification is required to file a Supplemental Petition for Modification.  This Supplemental Petition is required to be served upon the opposing party.

In order to prevail in a modification action, the person seeking the modification must prove that a substantial change in circumstances has occurred since the judgment was entered.  The change in circumstances must be permanent, involuntary, unanticipated material.  If the Supplemental Petition for Modification is granted, the increase in child support or alimony could be awarded retroactively to the date the Supplemental Petition for Modification is filed.

Tampa Family Law and Divorce Modification Lawyer

At Nilo J. Sanchez & Associates, P.A., Mr. Sanchez assists clients in assessing the benefits as well as the detriments, the potential for Family law lawyer, Nilo J Sanchez & Associatessuccess as well as the costs which are associated with Post Judgment Modifications.  The Law Firm of Nilo Sanchez and Associates, PA is experienced in Post Judgment Modifications.  As a Family Law and Divorce Law Firm established in Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida in 1995, Mr. Sanchez provides trusted matrimonial counsel to clients facing stressful and emotional situations.

Tampa divorce lawyer, Nilo J. Sanchez assists clients with a broad spectrum of Post Judgment Modification to include:  Relocation, Alimony, Child Custody, Child Support as well as Time-Sharing.

Tampa Divorce Attorney  Nilo J Sanchez & Associates can assist you with your divorce or modifications.  Click here to read more about divorce modifications in Tampa Bay, Florida.

To obtain an evaluation of your case in regards to a modification of child support in Tampa or if you are looking for a Tampa alimony modification lawyer, please contact Family Law Attorney Nilo J. Sanchez Jr. at  813-879-4600.

To read more about modification of alimony or other family law final orders, click on the link below.